Scholarships at Forté
We believe in giving back to the community and being part of something greater than ourselves. In our scholarship program, Forté Academy of Music donates studio space, instruments and administrative support; and select teachers volunteer their own time. Each teacher that participates in the program sponsors one student at any given time.
A scholarship student is eligible to take one 30 minute private lesson per week in our studio (or 45 minute group lesson) with an available instructor and instrument. Forté does not charge the student for any costs in this program. A student may rent a guitar or violin from Forté at no charge (but is asked to submit a small security deposit that is refunded when the instrument is returned in good condition). The student's scholarship is contingent upon acceptable attendance.
Each student in the program is eligible to take up to six months of lessons. At the end of the six month period, the scholarship is recycled and provided to another deserving student. Scholarships are organized through neighborhood elementary, middle and high schools as well as churches and other religious organizations.
* Student age 6 - 18
* Parental support (all lessons occur at a Forté studio)
* Support of his/her church, school principal, vice principal or teacher (music or any academic teacher)
* Student or parent fill out scholarship application demonstrating financial need
* Student must live within a 4 mile radius of either studio
* Must have a teacher, vice-principal, principal, or church leader write a letter of recommendation and send it to